Thursday 11 July 2013

Injustice - Starting to learn fighting games




A couple months ago i was round a friend’s house and another friend brought injustice: Gods among us and we started playing. He had previously told me about the game but I didn’t feel i wanted to fork out £40 for the game. After playing though I loved it and wanted to get the game myself but I couldn’t afford it, but when the game dropped in price I picked it up and this has been my time sink for the last week. 

I have been watching as many streams on Twitch.tv as I could and I got really interested in the game and it made me want to really hunker down with the game and start learning how the game works and how people react when playing. As I have sank many hours into MOBA games such as Heroes of Newerth and Dota 2, I love the idea of learning a game and then improving to the point where you can just destroy your opponent. So I got the game and I looked through the roster of heroes and decided I would go with Green Arrow as the character I was going to learn. I chose this guy as I watched the Arrow TV series and really loved it, so I was already on a green arrow hype and I also wanted to play a character that not that many people play. Green Arrow was the perfect candidate for this as all the tournaments I watched, I never saw him. Last night I watched a training tournament, they do these weekly tournaments and a player called ChrisG attended, this guy is amazing at all fighting games not just Injustice. This guy chose Green Arrow and he played the character like a dream against characters who are top tier like Black Adam and Cyborg. 

So back to the Point I started practicing, spending hours on hours in the training mode learning all Green Arrows moves and also some basic combos as this is the first time I have seriously played a fighting game. So I practiced hard and started playing online and I got my ass beat hard by everyone, to this point I’ve probably played about 100 games and won about 10. Now that a bad ratio but I have noticed with every game I am improving and as every player uses different characters I am learning how to block each characters moves and also how to react. I’m enjoying the  experience and trying to watch as many fighting game streams as possible so I can learn and also see how the pros react to each other and I find its working as when watching ChrisG play Green Arrow I learning new combos and ways to use my characters. 

I’m loving the learning curve and this brings me to my next problem, I’m not sure if I should buy an Arcade stick. I’ve looked all over the internet and most people say they are for preference. I’m thinking I want to get one as at the moment mad cats have the street fighter 4 Tournament Edition sticks on sale for £80 which is a pretty good deal as far as I can see on the net. I think an arcade stick would be more of an advance in other fighting games and I’m planning on picking up Ultimate Marvel 3 and working on that when I feel I’m playing well enough in Injustice.
EVO is coming up this weekend the Grand Slam of fighting game Tourneys and I’m extremely excited to watch the fights but as I’m going to be on holiday i will be missing the tournament so I will have to catch up on YouTube.

I will be missing my post next week as I’m away, So don’t worry I’ll be back but while I’m away buy all the games on Steam GO GO

No comments:

Post a Comment