Friday 21 June 2013

Uni - The be all and end all?

Hi I'm Jamie, this is a new blog i am starting up. It was meant to be originally for video games content and i still intend that to be the case, ill be posting game review, my thoughts about the industry, possible article about things i would like to discuss and finally just general chit chat.

This first post though is more of a get to know me and where i am in life at the moment. so 2 years back i started university doing a games art course with the aspiration of becoming a 3D modeller as my forte, as the course progressed i found i wasn't enjoying it, but i pushed on anyway. i failed a module the first year (which was a foundation year BTW) and then i had to retake through the summer, but adamant that i should still be at university i pressed on and passed into the next year.

 Next year rolls around and I'm going through all these lectures and lessons hating it and not enjoying what i thought i had a passion for, but once again i pressed on too the finish line. so summer starts and that demon question comes back again, Should i leave uni?. I started having a hard think about my future and if i really want to continue uni and if i really want a job at all in the games industry, designing games. I know its hard work (which i don't mind), long hours and worst of all I'm not that passionate about it that i want to sacrifice most of my life to that type of job. So i made the decision to drop out, nothing is official yet but i have no clue what to do next, get a job, an apprenticeship? who knows?.

This is where blogging comes in, i have always entertained the idea of becoming a games journalist, i mean whats not to like about reviewing games, talking about games and attending event eh? Well lets be serious i know that industry isn't all rainbows and sunshine, but none the less i only love one thing in the world and that's gaming and i realised making them isn't where i need to be involved but maybe writing about them is. Here lines my most troublesome problem, I'm not a great writer i have never been as you can probable see in this post :), but maybe if i continue this blog posting game reviews and so on then ill improve and maybe give myself some prospects and a possible free lance job on a gaming news website and work my way from there, the world really is my oyster. 

 So thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and i will start posting weekly or as much as i feel is necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment